Brand Name : Flipster / Flasone
Generic Name : Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate for Injection USP
Pack Size : Vial + WFI
Dosage Form : Powder for Injection
Strength : 40 mg, 125 mg 500 mg & 1gm
Therapeutic indications : Methylprednisolone is indicated to treat any condition in which rapid and intense corticosteroid effect is required such as:
1. Dermatological disease: Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
2. Allergic states: Bronchial asthma, Angioneurotic oedema & Anaphylaxis
3. Gastro-intestinal diseases: Ulcerative colitis & Crohn’s disease
4. Respiratory diseases: Aspiration of gastric contents and fulminating or disseminated tuberculosis (with appropriate anti-tuberculous chemotherapy)
5. Neurological disorders: Cerebral oedema secondary to cerebral tumour and acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis superimposed on a relapsing-remitting background
6. Miscellaneous: T.B. meningitis (with appropriate antituberculous chemotherapy) and Transplantation.
Pharmacotherapeutic group : Glucocorticoids
ATC code : H02AB04
Pharmacodynamic properties : Methylprednisolone is a corticosteroid with an anti-inflammatory activity at least five times that of hydrocortisone. An enhanced separation of glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid effect results in a reduced incidence of sodium and water retention.
February 12, 2022