Brand Name : Cortiflav / Corliflip
Generic Name : Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate Injection IP
Pack Size : Vial
Dosage Form : Powder for Injection
Strength : 100 mg
Therapeutic indications : Anti-inflammatory agent.
Hydrocortisone is indicated for any condition in which rapid and intense corticosteroid effect is required such as:
1. Endocrine disorders: Primary or secondary adrenocortical insufficiency
2. Collagen diseases: Systemic lupus erythematosus
3. Dermatological diseases: Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
4. Allergic states: Bronchial asthma, anaphylactic reactions
5. Gastro-intestinal diseases: Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease
6. Respiratory diseases: Aspiration of gastric contents
7. Medical emergencies: Hydrocortisone is indicated in the treatment of shock secondary to adrenocortical insufficiency or shock unresponsive to conventional therapy when adrenocortical insufficiency may be present.
Pharmacotherapeutic group : Glucocorticoids
ATC code : H02AB09
Pharmacodynamic properties : Glucocorticoids, naturally occurring and synthetic, are adrenocortical steroids.
Naturally occurring glucocorticoids (hydrocortisone and cortisone), which also have salt-retaining properties, are used as replacement therapy in adrenocortical deficiency states. Their synthetic analogs are primarily used for their anti-inflammatory effects in disorders of many organ systems.
February 12, 2022